Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring has sprung!!!

That can only mean one thing!  My spring has sprung.... I'm destined for a few months of staring out the window wishing I was frolicking in the sunshine!  There is just something about sunshine that warms you from the inside out....


The scent of freshness is intoxicating and sends me into a total and complete tailspin!  I want it... I want sunshine and spring time NOW!! 

Ok - enough of the flowery and spring time stuff...err I mean bluff... lets get real.... spring time means only one thing.... (insert scary music)

We are that much closer to swimsuit season!  (insert scream here)  yes... I'm starting to hyperventilate - I use the excuse of needing sunshine - but in reality I need the sunshine to tan the fat that became VERY white during the winter months.  Everyone knows that tan fat is so much prettier than white fat!   I rest my case

I'm also realizing that I'm winding down in the years left in my ability to rock a bikini...  yes.. I said ROCK people!  All you young-ins that are reading this.... forget about your biological clock ticking... you need to worry about your bikini clock.... It ticks much faster... Which leads me back to a story I want to share and I hope the parties don't mind...

Ok - so back in the day (pre-baby = pre-stretch marks) I went swimsuit shopping with my mother and my Aunt Peggy.  We all scoured the racks in hopes of finding the perfect suit.... We all piled into one BIG dressing room with high hopes and dreams that we would rock the swimsuit.  There were tops, bottoms, boobs, jiggly middles and lots giggles scattered throughout the dressing room.  I remember laughing hysterically at my mother and Aunt.... I actually had the nerve to point and giggle...they glared at me as if to say "oh no you dent" All they said is "YOUR TIME IS COMING"... Of course I was young and thought my abs, legs and boobs would look like they did FOREVER!  I mean, come on!  No one told me that when I had kids, my boobs would meet a new friend called gravity and my tummy would have this magical train track appear under your belly button!!!  What the hell!! 


Now when I go into a dressing room to try on a swimsuit, I am transported back to that day, but the laughter I hear is my own - Laughing at how white fat looks so bad and laughing at how I laughed at them so long ago and now I am laughing at myself..

I guess its a good thing to laugh at yourself...

Lesson
1.  Tan fat looks much better than white fat (refer to picture above)
2.  You have a bikini clock like it or not
3.  NEVER point and laugh in the dressing room......

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer, you always look good woman.. I hope Jack doesn't kill me, but I would even say you "ROCK" the bikini..

    ReplyDelete