Friday, January 21, 2011

Love / Hate

Ok, I've lived my life now for XX years (I won't bore you with the details of how old I am... I'll let you just think I'm 28 again...)... and what I have noticed is this......
You either love me, or you hate me... there is no in between.  Both sides are equally passionate about the love or the hate. 

I have met people in the work place, soccer world and the grocery store who for whatever reason, instantly hate me with a passion.... No matter how hard I try to "kill 'em with kindness" or try to trap them with sugar, it does NOT work.  For years, I have fretted over this, prayed about it and tried unsuccessfully to fix those relationships. 

So, as part of the new me..... I've decided to let them all go.  They do not deserve the privilege of my friendship and therefore shall not have it. Here is my message to you....

I have decided to focus on the people that do love me with all their might... and I must say, this has been a freeing moment for me!  How exilerating to use the energy that was once reserved for fixing relationships to be used on the people that have loved me as much as I have loved them.

Wow!  If I'd only been this smart years ago!  I would have less grey hair! To all of those that love me just the way I am......



To all those that don't
I love the new me!!!  In my new Tee...... Tee-Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment